Virtual Private Network
Virtual Private Network (VPN) access allows remote users to connect over the Internet and work with files and other network resources as if they were at their desk. Forward-thinking businesses are improving their productivity and efficiency using this technology.
There are numerous ways to provide VPN access to the company network. Atomik.biz can plan and implement a VPN solution to work with your existing infrastructure.
Many businesses are using third-party solutions like LogMeIn or GoToMyPC to gain access to their remote computer. There are several issues with this.
- You usually have to pay a subscription for these solutions.
- You are accessing your data through a third party who you have to trust with your data.
- Access to the computer is effectively controlled by whoever installed the software and set the password.
- As the PC initiates the connection, the local firewall would not usually block it.
- If people with remote access leave each machine needs access removed
- The business owner often won’t know remote access is in place.
A VPN solution solves many of these problems.
- VPN access does not require a monthly fee
- The administrator controls access rather than the user which ensures compliance with company policy.
- When staff leave access is simple to change
- Access is controlled centrally at the firewall.
VPN software is built into most common operating systems including all Microsoft and Apple Mac operating systems including smartphones.
Although the third party solutions are probably secure, the way they are used introduces vulnerabilities to the business network as well as yet another monthly cost. The reason they are are so popular is people don’t realise there is a free and more secure alternative.
For More Information
Please use the Contact us page or call us on 01525540041 or 02033271747