Choosing mobile phones and tablets
Choosing mobile phones and tablets for business use has never been so complicated and there are so many factors to consider when making a decision.
- Look and feel?
- How will it be used?
- Will it integrate with existing business systems?
- Is it secure and can it be remote wiped if lost or stolen?
- How will IT support it?
- Will it work with existing car kits which are usually built in and use Bluetooth?
- What is the real battery life?
- What is the total cost of ownership?
- Will the manufacturer support it with software upgrades and fixes?
- Are the apps you need available and cost-effective?
- Will software on the device be safe and free from malware in various forms?
These are some of the questions to be asked before choosing a mobile device. Companies also need to consider issues of having numerous different devices in use and the implications for the support of users and business applications.
For instance, with a mobile workforce, it might be policy to use an expenses tracking application. If users have a mix of Apple and Android handsets, the expenses application might not be available on both meaning the business has to use different systems to track expenses from different users, which will complicate reporting and management.
For most people, the first choice is to have Apple IOS or Google Android.
Which have done some reviews of mobile phones which is worth looking at before making a choice?
With all the issues to consider every company has to make an informed decision based on its existing systems and its needs. It is doubtful that allowing users to buy whatever handset they want will result in a cost-effective and easy to manage the mobile infrastructure that fulfils business requirements.
For More Information
Please use the Contact us page or call us on 01525540041 or 02033271747